Copyright 2015-2016 Deborah M. Zajac. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Last week I shared with you the Top 10 Images that received the most views over on my flickr site today I’m going to share with you My Personal favorite images from 2015. Most of these I posted on the blog, so you’ll probably recognize them or feel a sense of Deja-vu. 🙂
I selected these images based on emotions, technical merit, or because I met a personal goal. I got my picks down to 36 then spent a couple of days whittling those down to just 10. It’s so hard! I have an emotional attachment to all of them. 🙂
Without further ado…My Personal Top 10 Images of 2015:
1)Running in Rain Puddles. He’s just awesome, and brings me so much joy. I love being a Grandma!!
2) Milky Way over Mt Shasta- This was an Epic night spent with Dear Friends. I hope we are able to get together to shoot here again this year.
3) Total Lunar Eclipse over the Palace of Fine Arts San Francisco- This was another epic night. There was weeks of planning, chasing the Moon across town from one location to this one, working the camera to get the shots all the while hoping it would all come together in post production. It’s pretty great when it does.
4) Cooper’s Hawk- I think. There are a few images in this selection that I haven’t shared before. More times than I care to admit I find I lack the confidence that a certain image I love will be well received, or what happens to me quite a lot is that I’m not crazy about the images when I first upload them after a shoot so, I let them marinate awhile. When I return to them months or years later I find I like them a whole lot more.
This Hawk in the reeds in Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge is an image I really like, but thought it might be too pedestrian to post back in January 2015 when I photographed it. I love its face, the clarity of the eye, the natural environment, and the fact that I was able to make the image before it flew away.
5) Northern Flicker-Male – Another image never shown before today. This bird has been a nemesis of mine for years! They too are flighty.
I’d read reports of him being spotted in a neighborhood not from me in Jan/Feb. 2015, so one day a friend and I went looking for him. We found him deep in the shadows of this tree. Once I got it uploaded and did some post production work to open up the shadows I was happy with the image, and feel like I can say it’s not my nemesis anymore. They’re such beautiful birds.
6) Salsify macro- This was an image I photographed for my Project 52/2015 using my LensBaby Composer Pro wit the macro adapters. I love my LensBaby System and that creamy background.
7) Still-life “Why fit in when you were born to stand out.” Dr. Seuss
This one makes the cut because I got the lighting, and composition that I wanted to make right.
8) Orange Crowned Warbler. I haven’t seen this little bird too often and photographing them is so hard; they’re small, and are so fidgety you have to be quick. This particular morning I set up my rig by a seep that was drawing in birds from the area for a drink. Patience when birding is essential. It paid off this morning. I waited 30 minutes or so for this bird to come to the seep. This is the best image I’ve made of this species.
9) Great Egret- Another bird image I’ve never before shared. I love the colors, and how clear its eye is.
10)Sunrise cresting San Francisco Skyline from Kirby Cove. It was worth the mile hike back up for this image. Being there was awesome.
These are my favorites from 2015. Thank you for being so supportive, and letting me share my images with you. I look forward to seeing your images, reading your poems, thoughts, and seeing the places you travel from my arm-chair this year.
Happy and Healthy 2016 Everyone!
More to come…