Announced in Japan first and is on their website the long-awaited Nikon D800 is here! Rumors were right it has a whopping 36.3 Mega Pixels!
Highlights of new features:
New 91K-pixel RGB sensor for the more accurate Advanced Scene Recognition System
Multi-area mode Full HD D-Movie for movie recording using one of two movie formats
Viewfinder frame coverage of approximately 100%*1 and a lightweight and durable water- and dust-resistant body
Support for high-speed continuous shooting and a variety of battery types with the Multi-Power Battery Pack MB-D12 (optional)
Other D800 Functions and Features
- A 51-point AF system for improved subject acquisition and focus performance under dim lighting. In addition, 11 focus points (five at center with an addition three to each side) are fully functional when lenses with a maximum aperture of f/8 are used.
- A 3.2-inch, approximately 921k-dot LCD monitor with reinforced glass, automatic monitor brightness control, and wide viewing angle
- A virtual horizon that shows the degree to which the camera is tilted sideways (roll), or forward or backward (pitch) with display in the monitor and viewfinder
- A new shutter unit that has passed testing for 200,000 cycles and supports a maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 s and flash sync speed of 1/250 s
- Continuous shooting at 4 (FX-format/5 : 4 image area) or 5 (DX-format/1.2x image area) fps*
- *When powered by a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15
- CompactFlash and SD dual memory card slots
- Support for SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0)
Read the whole thing here